There were two stations that served the once-busy town of Haines Falls. One was owned by the Ulster and Delaware Railroad, and the other was owned by the Catskill and Tannersville Railway. The C&T station no longer exists. The original station for the U&D was taken down and this new bigger station was built in 1913. It is one of only two surviving U&D branch stations. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.