This is the Light Dam Bridge crossing over the Schohaire Creek. There was a dam existing near the crossing. The name Light came from the Schohaire Light and Power Company whose facilities were located on the north side of the crossing.
This area is very steep and has a lot of growth. This picture shows a pier in the middle of Schohaire Creek. The steel structure was removed in 1941. There was no clearing in the growth for an unobstructed view of the pier.