Cold Spring Apartments (Stamford NY)

July 26, 2010

Instructions: Use the mouse or touchscreen to slide and compare the images

A photograph analysis of similar photos taken at the same location many years apart. The top photo was taken in 2010 by CatskillSearch. The bottom photo was taken by Bob Wyer probably around the years of 1953/1954. The bottom image was used on a postcard. It was scanned by CatskillSearch for reference/historic purposes.

The most notable changes is the lack of the wrap-around-porch, the window shutters, and the trees in front of the building. A restricted parking sign has been added along with a street lamp on the roadway. The building in 2010 has a sign in front that states ‘Cold Spring Apartments’. When Bob Wyer took his photo it was named ‘Cold Spring Farm Inn’.

Leave a Reply