Article was updated on September 1, 2011
New York State Power Outage and Restoration Update:
Total customers without power (statewide): 287,304 (80% restored to date)
LIPA: 165,000 (68.4% restored to date)
Con Edison: 15,082 (93% restored to date)
National Grid: 15,047 (90% restored to date)
NYSEG: 51,086 (81% restored to date)
Central Hudson: 31,188 (83% restored to date)
Orange & Rockland: 9,901 (88% restored to date)
The following is a summary of the estimated restoration times available at this time:
- Con Edison has reported that it met its goal to restore nearly all New York City customers by last night, and is estimating that 90% of Westchester outages will be restored by tomorrow (9/1/11) at midnight.
- LIPA and Orange and Rockland utilities estimate that 95% of their customers will be restored by Friday (9/2/11) at midnight.
- National Grid has reported estimated restoration times for 90 percent of its customers by tomorrow night (9/1/11), except in Amsterdam, Middleburgh, Schoharie, and the Stockade in Schenectady which currently have flooding issues with no or limited access for completion.
- Central Hudson estimates that 90% percent of its customers in Columbia County, Dutchess County, Orange County, and Putnam County will be restored by midnight; due to flooding and physical inaccessibility, 90% of the remaining customers by 9/4. Central Hudson noted that Ulster County was particularly hard hit by the storm.
- NYSEG estimates the following power restoration timetable: Binghamton Division: 90% of outages by tonight at midnight and all power restored by Friday night. Liberty and Plattsburgh Divisions, 90% of remaining customers without power are projected to have service restored by Friday night, and all power will be restored by 9/3. Brewster and Oneonta Divisions: Road closures and accessibility issues continue to impede damage assessment and repair work. While some customers will have power restored by 9/2, it is likely that other customers will be without power until 9/7.